Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 11, 2014

"Bad Words"

You will notice that I use “fuck” a lot in my dialogue. Not just fuck, the holy grail of expletives, but the whole shebang. Some people consider it a desperate attempt to sound “cool”. Most people also find it excessive. To litter every goddamn sentence with expletives is seen as unnecessary, rude, and over-the-top. I acknowledge their sentiments. But that doesn't deter me from using "bad words". I believe a person should be able to speak the way they fucking please. There’s a limit to that too, of course. I’m not justifying berating an old soul or a kid, a woman or anyone for that matter without any reason. But if I think someone’s acting like a bitch, I should be able to call them one. If someone’s a cunt, I would very much want to call them out for being one. But more than using expletives to barrage someone, they should be experimented with to fully express one's emotions.

For me the fascination of excessively using expletives stemmed from watching gangster movies. I watched these gangster flicks with passion. I didn't get into their deeds but their language stuck with me; it added more power to their grand personas. When I say fuck in every other sentence, I don’t think about it. I don’t do it consciously. It simply fucking flows, I just don’t bother checking it. I do refrain from saying bitch though. Women are too touchy about that shit but that’s too bad 'cause I keep holding myself back and I don’t like that. It has to be said sometimes, if not aloud, at least in your head. My technique is to pause for a second, calm down, and think to myself “You, BITCH!”. Cunt is not in my repertoire though; bitch is my preferred choice. Less offensive than cunt I like to think. So fuck it. There’s my reasoning.

So stop being concerned about censoring your language. Here's a practice to help your transition to the dark side: 

1. Close your eyes and take a deep breath.
2. Block everything out, and dedicate your mental faculties to deciphering your emotional state.
3. Now think of your favorite swear word, and just say it out loud. For making this experience less emotionally taxing throw in the names of some animals. For example, donkey's asshole.

Please open yourself up to the wonderful possibilities. Who knows what new beautiful swear words you will come up with to express that bizarrely fucked up range of emotions you are experiencing right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment